Postmortems are key to constant improvement.
A postmortem is a way to document what happened. They're typically for bad situations. They chronicle partnerships that didn’t work, products that failed, and even public relation flubs. However, postmortems can also record successes.
In this episode of The Startup Chat, Steli and I discuss:
- What are postmortems.
- How postmortems take the bias out of your reconciliation of events.
- Why a postmortem needs to be written.
- The “5 Ys” method of postmortem writing.
- Postmortem uses in transparency.
- Postmortem uses in training and education.
- The importance of self awareness.